Historic book collections and their care need the services of a specialist librarian. I’ve worked in libraries from National Trust country houses to an Oxford college. In these places, I learned about how important it is to find a balance between access and conservation. As a result, I also have a deep understanding of the issues of keeping books in old houses.
Finally, with broad experience of cataloguing rare books to an international standard, I’m in a good position to assess collection needs and to scope out cataloguing projects.
As a librarian, how can I help?
I offer the following services:
- Surveying book collections
- Writing collection management policies and helping to formulate implementation strategies
- Cataloguing to internationally recognised standards
- Advising when it is necessary to call in an accredited book conservator
- Presenting talks to staff, volunteers and members of the public about the collection
- Mounting displays of collection highlights
Unfortunately, I don’t undertake valuations.
So, why not contact me to discuss your needs? I look forward to working with you on your collections.